Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nebojsa

I wrote this journal entry in Serbia this past winter:

I went for a walk today with the boy mother and her best friend wanted me to marry since I was born.

Of course he's not a boy now, I think he's 28 or 27, and my mom's best friend was involved in the plans because he's her son, and my mother and her wanted to be related. Take the friendship to the next level.

Things didn't work out that way though.

I hadn't seen him for seven years, four years ago when I saw him on the night before I left Novi Sad for Vancouver again. When I said good night to him, in front of the entrance, in front of my apartment, his blue eyes were all I could see. I never forgot that.

If he hadn't told me at the beginning of that night that he found out his girlfriend was pregnant immediately before we met up, I would have thought we were going to kiss. But he was unexpectedly going to be a father, and her husband. I wonder if he thought that too.
posted by Tulip Press at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home