Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Benevolent Bee

The Benevolent Bee
By Senka Kovacevic

I am a benevolent bee
That found her way into your room
Your face is all I want to see
But you wave me away like stale perfume

In my hundred little eyes
I need to glimpse just one quick smile
Cause in my heart that multiplies
And makes me feel worthwhile

But to you, I’m just a nuisant pest
Intruding on your peace of mind
I believed you loved me best
But now your actions are so unkind

You used to drink all my honey
Until I was drained but elated
Now your craving has disappeared
But I am the one who is emaciated

The disappearance of your craving
For the sweetness of my making
Makes me desperate for it’s saving
And is the reason why my heart is breaking.
posted by Tulip Press at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home