Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Pleasure of My Own Company


This all started because of a clerical error.

Without the clerical error, I wouldn't be thinking this way at all; I wouldn't have had time. I would have been too preoccupied with the new friends I was planning on making at Mensa, the international society of geniuses. I had taken their IQ test, but my score had come back missing a digit. Where was the 1 that should have been in front of the 90? I fell short of the genius category by a full 50 points, barely enough to qualify me to sharpen their pencils. Thus I was rejected form membership and facing a hopeless pile of red tape to correct the mistake.
-Steve Martin, The Pleasure of My Own Company
posted by Tulip Press at

2 Comments:

Blogger Imas said...

That is taken from the book? Have you read it? Sounds interesting :-)d

March 5, 2009 at 12:04 AM  
Blogger Tulip Press said...

Yes it is. I have read it and I really did enjoy it. I highly recommend it.

If you are looking for a really funny book though, I suggest Dress Your Family in Courdoroy and Denim, by David Sedaris. It's hilarious.

:)

March 12, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home