Friday, May 9, 2008

February 16 2003

To write a poem about the significance of today - I reached for one of my hundred spiral bound notebooks. There was some writing in the front of the book, but otherwise it was empty. I figured it was a good place to start writing again.

When I went to read what it was that I had written about, I discovered it was a notebook I started writing in in 2003. The poems and entries were about my first boyfriend. This is one.

February 16, 2003

I remember when I saw you
My arms full of Hershey's Kisses
Your arms full of aloe
Something my mind never dismisses

I was frantic and rushed
Looking for your gift
Conteplating how I'd kiss you
But through the sieve of timing, this didn't quite sift.
-senka kovacevic
posted by Tulip Press at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home